The Great Schools Partnership, a leading education nonprofit working to create innovative models of public schooling, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Project Associate I.
Located in downtown Portland, Maine, the Great Schools Partnership is a non-profit organization with a team of 35 working on a variety of small- and large-scale educational projects throughout Maine and across the country. The Partnership offers professional development and technical assistance to educators, schools, districts, and state agencies, while also developing cutting-edge resources and coordinating the implementation of major grant programs.
As a mission-driven nonprofit, the Partnership believes in empowering its employees to be creative, take initiative, think outside the box, work collaboratively, and assume leadership roles in the organization.
Project Associate I Position
Project Associates will provide direct and varied support to multiple projects and Great Schools Partnership staff and assist with day-to-day office responsibilities.
Project Associate Duties
Maintain effective and professional telephone and mail communications both internally and externally;
Coordinate and prepare correspondence, documents, tools, and reports using various software programs;
Ensure the quality of all documents and resources during creation and modification, to assure project integrity;
Assist in the collection of data, review and analyze reports, summarize information and identify trends to inform management;
Maintain the organization of project files (online and hardcopy)
Assist with the planning of events, conferences, and training sessions across projects;
Create online registration forms and surveys;
Assist in the development of marketing materials as required;
Assist with securing travel arrangements and accommodations;
Troubleshoot with clients regarding GSP tools (iWalkthrough) and websites;
Maintain technical knowledge by keeping up with new technology and software;
Participate actively as a team member in whole staff and smaller staff meetings;
Assist other staff members with special projects as needed;
Complete other work as assigned.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Assist with content updates to various GSP websites;
- Assist with the creation of budgets for events and meetings;
- Assist with the creation, design, and import of webinar/meeting slideware.
Skills + Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent experience;
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details with strong proofreading and editing skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to follow-through on tasks and projects;
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize work load and adjust for change;
- Understanding of quantitative data and foundational analysis (e.g. determining percentages, averages, etc.);
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint);
- Knowledge in Google Applications (Docs, Sheets, Forms);
- Knowledge of website management, social media, and online technology a plus;
- Knowledge in building slideware presentations a plus;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and design elements a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
The Great Schools Partnership offers its employees a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health care (with options for dental and vision), paid vacation time, contributions to a tax-deferred retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. We have a great team of motivated staff and an equitable, energized work environment. The Great Schools Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Project Associate I” in the subject line.
Anticipated start date of May 2017.